This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crispy Creole Shrimp Linguine


This is one of those pretty simple dishes that can be prepared in the time that it takes for the pasta to boil. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3/4 box of Linguine 
  • 20-30 small peel and eat shrimp, uncooked
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 parmesan cheese
  • salt
  • pepper
  • oregano
  • red pepper flakes
Cook pasta according to package instructions.

Clean and peel the shrimp, season with the creole seasoning, then sprinkle flour on top and toss together so they are all well coated.

In a deep skillet add olive oil and butter heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook on each side for about 2 minutes until crispy on both sides. 

Remove shrimp and set aside, in same skillet add in heavy cream and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper.  Cook until sauce thickens then add parm cheese and whisk.

Add Linguine and Shrimp to sauce, and toss until everything is well coated.

This dish was truly flavorful and filling. I couldn't even finish my portion, but my husband loved it so much he ate the rest of mine too. I made a really nice Caprese salad on the side too, and ended up mixing a little into my shrimp and pasta- it made for a really nice fresh contrast to a heavy pasta dish. Next time I make this I will definitely add some fresh tomatoes at the end. Enjoy!



Credits:



No comments:

Post a Comment