This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baked Ham and Swiss Sliders on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls


I've seen this recipe (or variations of it) so many times over the past few months on pinterest. So, when I saw hawaiian sweet rolls out of the corner of my eye at the store the other day, I knew it was time for me to try them. I already had a good amount of deli ham and swiss cheese at home that I had to use up so it was perfect! This recipe was so easy and straight out freaking awesome. I made 12 "sliders" and that was barely enough for my husband, my dad, myself and the boys. Next time I make these (which will probably be for a baby shower or family dinner) I will make way more than 12. So if you have more than 4-5 people to feed with this… double it and make 24. You will not be disappointed! 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 12 pack of sweet King Hawaiian rolls 
  • 1 lb. deli ham
  • 1/2- 3/4 pound slice swiss cheese
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
  • teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 teaspoons of poppy seeds 
  • 1 onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 350. In a small saucepan melt butter, then add mustard, worcestershire sauce, onion and poppy seeds.

 Cut the entire pack of rolls horizontally, keeping all the bottoms and tops intact.

Place bottom rolls in a greased 9x13 pan. 

Pour 1/3 of butter- onion mixture over the bottom rolls.

Arrange all of the ham over the bottom bums, then all of the swiss, then place the top of the buns over it all. Pour the remaining butter mixture over the tops of all of the sandwiches.

Cover with tinfoil and bake 15-20 minutes, until all of the cheese is melted.

Cut and separate for serving.

We ate our mini ham and cheeses with some home made potato salad, and the combination of the two was just heaven. I'm telling you right now, if your looking for an easy dinner, something to serve for a crowd or awesome picks on game day. This is what you need to make. You should totally do it. Now!! You won't regret it and your family or guest will thank you immensely. Cheers!



Update: 2/24/14
Made this with mini potato rolls and they came out just as good. Just less sweet! Enjoy!

Maxx Approved!!






No comments:

Post a Comment