This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Tangy Bacon Chive Potato Salad



I found this gem on Pinterest a few weeks ago, and was dying to make it. So I did. For Sunday dinner yesterday, and it was beyond amazing. Potato salad is always something I struggle with. My potatoes always come out either under done and crunchy or overcooked and complete mush. I think I might have finally found a solution to my problem. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 5 medium red potatoes (about a pound, pound and a half)
  • 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1/3 cup chopped celery
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 strips of cooked and crumbled bacon
  • fresh chives
Place the potatoes (whole) into a pot. Cover the potatoes with water and boil over med/ high heat for about 20 minutes until all of the potatoes are tender and you're able to pierce them with a fork. Transfer cooked potatoes to the sink and shock them with cold water to stop the cooking process. Leave them in the sink for about a half an hour, or until completely cooled off.

Cut your potatoes into the size pieces you want. Mine were about 1-2 inch cubes. 

Put cubed potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle the balsamic vinegar on the potatoes, and gently mix with a rubber spatula. Add in the chopped onions, and celery. Then crumble the hard boiled eggs with your hands into the bowl.

In a separate small bowl mix together the mayo, sour cream, chipotle, mustard and salt. Then fold this mixture gently into the potatoes, until well coated. Top with crumbled bacon and chives.

I wish I had got pictures of this before every one dug in, because it was way prettier. The pictures do not compare to the tastiness of this potato salad. It was truly awesome. We had this on the side of our dinner with my cheesy jalapeño popper chicken. It was deelish!! The next time you're looking for a different kind of potato salad to make, try this one. You won't be disappointed! As always, you can just omit the bacon to make this a vegetarian dish. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment