This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Avocado Bacon Eggrolls


Me and the hubs made these guys last sunday (morning… afternoon… brunch-ish). We were also doing a few other things in the kitchen and really didn't spend to much time on this. They still came out pretty good. But I'm left with the feeling that it needed something more. More bacon, perhaps? Or just some more filling in general. You be the judge! They're defiantly still worth making. You can't really go wrong with avocados and bacon. Cheers!

INGREDIENTS: Make about 15 egg rolls 

  • 4 avocados  sliced( you want about 25-30 slices)
  • lime juice
  • salt
  • 8 slices pepperjack cheese
  • 15 slices bacon, cooked
  • 15 egg roll wrappers
  • veggie oil for frying

Slice avocados and place in a bowl, drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle liberally with salt.

Lay an egg roll wrapper down. Place 1/2 slice of cheese in the middle, then 2 slices of avocados and a slice of bacon. Roll it up and seal with a little water.

Heat some veggie oil in the bottom of a skillet over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.

When oil is hot enough place 3-5 egg rolls in pan (don't over crowd, you can work in batches). Fry about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.

Remove from oil and let dry on a plate with paper towels.



No comments:

Post a Comment