This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, February 24, 2014

No Bake Mini Reese's Cheesecakes



At our house we try to do a weekly dinner with family and friends. Usually on a Saturday or Sunday so we can take our time with the cooking, and the chatting (and the drinking). Yesterday I hosted Sunday dinner, and wanted something easy and no bake for dessert since I was cooking dinner as well. These were perfect! I had picked up the ingredients (all 2 of them) a few weeks ago. I was going to make them on Valentines day, but never got around to it. So behold- The no bake mini reese's cheesecake!

INGREDIENTS: (makes 12 mini cheesecakes)
  • 1 box Jello No Bake Cheesecake
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 12 Reese's Cups
  • 12 muffin liners
Combine the cheesecake package from the box with the milk in a bowl, whisk for about 3 minutes until the lumps are gone and it starts to thicken.

Line your muffin tin with the muffin liners. Place a reese's cup at the bottom of every liner. Spoon cheesecake filling to the top of every liner.

Refrigerate until you are ready to serve (at least an hour).


The original recipe shows crumbled graham crackers and mini chocolate chips on top of these guys. Toppings totally slipped my mind, but they were yummy just the same. This concept would be great with any sort of 'mini cheesecake' idea you may have. The no bake cheesecake concept is a huge time saver. I love making cheesecakes and desserts from scratch. Sometimes though, its nice to just do something easy and spend that saved time with family and friends. Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment