This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Chicken Continental



I really wasn't sure if I wanted to post this recipe yet. It's a really special recipe to me that I don't hear of a lot of people making. My Mom used to make it when we were growing up. When I finally started cooking on my own, my Mom gave me the recipe and I started making it for her and my Dad on their birthdays. It's both of their favorites. Sadly my Mom passed away almost 2 years ago. So now I'm just cooking it for my Dad on his birthday. Actually my brother in law loves it so much he asked for it for his birthday this year too. Last night we did birthday dinner for my Dad and of course every one knew that I would be making this. And since I don't make it that often I decided that I would shard the wealth and post my version of the recipe. Tried and true, this might be one of the best things you will ever make in a crock pot. This will make a big crock pot full and make a ton of portions.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 large pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs about 10
  • 10 slices of bacon (or how ever many chicken thighs you are using)
  • 1/2 jar of hormel sliced dried beef
  • 2 large family sized cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 package (2 cups ) sliced baby bella mushrooms
  • 2 bags of egg noodles

First you want to line the bottom of your crock pot with the dried beef.



Then wrap each individual chicken thigh with 1 piece of bacon, and place on top of the dried beef.



Place half of the mushrooms on top of the chicken.



In a bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, flour and the rest of the mushrooms. Then pour into the crock pot. Cook on low 8-10 hours.



Cook egg noodles according to direction.

When it's cooked, break up all the pieces of chicken in the crock pot and serve in a bowl over egg noodles.




This is not a weight watchers meal by any means. It's hearty and filling and salty and delicious. It is worth the preparation and the 10 hours of  waiting. I highly suggest making this and trust me, your life will never be the same. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment