This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Grilled Bacon Jalapeño Cheeseburger Wraps



So I had some ground beef that I was going to use for dinner the other night, and originally I was going to make sloppy joes. I had burger buns and the sloppy joe mix all ready to go for a nice quick dinner. Then I came across this idea for grilled cheeseburger wraps on pinterest, and I knew that I had to do it. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • 1/2 diced onion
  • 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 4-5 jarred jalapeños dices (you can do more depending on taste)
  • flour tortillas (burrito sized)
  • shredded cheddar cheese
In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the hamburger and drain of excess grease.

Add in the onion and cook for 1 minute and lower the heat.

Add in the ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, bacon and jalapeños, stir until well combined.

Take a flour tortilla and place a little cheese in the middle and then the hamburger mixture. Fold burrito style and make sure the ends are all tucked in so nothing can get out.

Grill on a panini press or in a skillet until lightly browned. 


These came out so good. I really wish I had made more. Mike had 2 1/2 my dad had 2 1/2, I had 1 1/2 and Maxx had a half even though he had already eaten earlier. Next time I'm going to make extra filling and just make a ton. They're like adult hot pockets, but way better. This is so easy, it would be a great thing to make for a party or game day. Cut them in half or use taco sized to make a good sized appetizer. I almost forgot, I served these with my baked potato wedges and fry sauce. So yummy, I can't wait until I make these again. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment