This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baked Potato Wedges


I made these the other night and they came out so awesome! I've never made home made fries like this before. Every time me and Mike try to make fries, they are shoe string thin and soggy and mushy, so I decided it was time for a change. After making my amazing baked potatoes a few weeks ago, I knew that was the direction I wanted to head it. Something about baking them on the parchment paper gives it the right amount of brownness and crisp. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • Potatoes ( Russet is best because the skin comes out great but any kind will do)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • shredded parmesan cheese (to add on at end)
Preheat oven to 450

Wash & cut potatoes into wedges by cutting lengthwise in half then slice each half into 3 slices.

Toss potatoes, oil and seasoning together in a large ziplock bag until they are coated.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place potatoes on lined sheet.


Bake for 30- 35 minutes (or until potatoes are cooked through and browned), flipping the potatoes once half way. 


Toss the wedges with a little cheese at the end while they're hot. Serve and Enjoy!


We actually ate these with fry sauce ( ketchup and mayo), and they were so good! I will never make fries any other way again! Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment