This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Paprika Chipotle Sauce



I made this sauce last night to go with my roasted sweet potato and black bean burgers. It was amazing and I made a whole jar of it to keep in the fridge, because I know that I'll be using it on a ton of other things too.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 cups mayo
  • 3 chipotles in adobo sauce (from can)
  • 3 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
  • 2 teaspoons preserved lemon peels in salt (see below for instructions)
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. DO NOT over blend this, if it is processed to much the mayo can separate. Store in a jar and refrigerate.

To make the preserved lemon peels:

Peel the lemon and put slices of the peel into a small container and cover with salt. Add the lid and shake so it is well coated. Leave at room temperature and replenish the lemon peels when needed. 


I made the lemon peels as shown above, because the sauce called for it. I'm not sure when I will use the rest of it, but it defiantly did give the sauce a little something extra. It was super yummy! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment