This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Greek Salad Wraps




I'm labeling this as both a pork and a vegetarian recipe because I made these particular ones with roasted pork, but all you have to do is omit the pork and viola- an awesome veggie wrap! I made these bad boys tonight for the kids. Us adults were just having greek salads with roasted pork on top, but for the kids- a fun wrap is the best way to go.

INGREDIENTS:

  • burrito sized flour tortillas 
  • chopped lettuce
  • diced cucumber
  • diced tomato
  • sliced black olives
  • crumbled feta cheese
  • croutons 
  • greek dressing
  • roasted pork ( chicken, lamb, beef or anything you have on hand)
Roll desired amount of each ingredient and burrito roll it into the tortilla. Cut in half and serve.



So easy, healthy and delicious. Another idea is to set all of the ingredients up and let the kids do it themselves. Maxx actually called them tacos and devoured them. Enjoy!

        Maxxy Approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment