This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Easy Amazing Baked Potato


I wasn't going to make this a blog post, but I made my baked potatoes this way last night… and oh my - they came out freaking amazing. I'm going to do my baked potatoes like this from now on. The skins were even awesome, and we all know thats where the nutrients are!

INGREDIENTS:

  • Baking potatoes (brown skinned, however many you want to bake)
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Parchment Paper
Preheat oven to 400

Wash and dry the potatoes, and cut them in half long ways.

Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil on it and sea salt.

Place the potatoes, cut side down on the olive oil and salt, then drizzle a bit more oil and salt over the tops. Make sure the potato halves are completely covered in both oil and salt.

Bake 30-40 minutes until the cut side is browned and the whole potato can be pierced with a fork.

I wish that I had taken a picture of them when they were all done, especially the nice brown color of the bottom of the potatoes. They were crispy and salty and delicious. Try it this way the next time you are going to bake a potato! Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment