This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Spinach, Mushroom and Feta (crustless) Quiche




I made this last weekend for me and Mike. Maxx was away at a sleepover, and Ollie was in bed- so it was a perfect opportunity to make an easy adult meal. Although I'm sure that the kids would have loved this too. Almost like an adult scrambled egg.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 (8oz) package of fresh mushrooms ( I used half sliced white and half baby bellas)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 (10oz) box of frozen spinach
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • non stick spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Defrost your frozen spinach in the microwave for about 2 minutes until soft. Empty spinach into a colander in the sink and squeeze access water out. Let sit and drain more as you prepare the rest.

Melt butter in a pan and sauté mushrooms and onions until they release all of their moisture, about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and some salt and pepper, and remove from heat.

Next beat the eggs. Then add in the milk, park cheese and some salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.

Give the spinach in the colander one more good squeeze to get all of the moisture you can out of it, season with a little salt and pepper.

Spray your pan with non stick spray (I used a pie dish). Spread the spinach on the bottom of the dish. 


Then add the sautéed mushrooms and onions and sprinkle the feta on top of the veggies.


 Pour the egg mixture over everything in the dish. Then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.

Place the pie dish on a baking sheet, and place into the oven. Bake for about an hour until the middle is solid and the top is golden brown.


This was really such an easy dish to make. It took less than 15 minutes to prepare. The hard part is waiting the hour for it to bake. Don't be afraid to season this dish, you really have to season it good because of the frozen spinach. This would also be a really great breakfast too, since it is just eggs and veggies. Something new to try I'm sure everyone will appreciate! Cheers!

It sure went quickly…





No comments:

Post a Comment