This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Famous Asparagus


While other people may have been snacking on junk food on a friday night, we were snacking on grilled asparagus. This is my go to recipe for making asparagus. I usually stick it under the broiler to achieve the charred grilled like texture, but this time I used my on the counter grill. This is simply one of the best appliances that I have in my kitchen. It's a 3 in one, grill- griddle- panini press. I seriously use it almost every day, so for $100 it was a smart, time saving investment. Especially in the summer when you don't want to turn on the oven or don't have a stand up grill outside.

INGREDIENTS:

  • Asparagus
  • Olive oil
  • Parm cheese
  • Minced Garlic
Combine about 3 table spoons of each along with the asparagus in a large ziplock bag. Shake it up to coat the asparagus with all of the goodness. Stick it on a hot grill or under the broiler in the oven- Keep an eye on it and rotate it a few times to get a nice char all around. If you're doing it under a broiler keep a good eye on it as to not to let it burn.



This is a really flavorful easy way to cook asparagus. We literally just ate it as a snack. The combination of the parm cheese, and garlic on the grill is a no fail way to cook this sometime bland vegetable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment