This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Broccoli, Fig & Goat Cheese Pizza



My absolute favorite pizza to make at home. I first had this as a deep dish artisan pizza at UNO’s, but was craving it so much during my second pregnancy I discovered it was much easier on the wallet to do my own version at home. Those UNOs pizzas are pricey!
INGREDIENTS: 
  • 1 pre made ball of pizza dough (usually found near the deli section of the store)
  • 1/2 cup of your favorite pesto
  • 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • 1 1/2 cups of cut, cooked broccoli
  •  1 1/2 cups dried figs cut into discs (found in the produce section)
  •  Goat cheese
  • Honey balsamic dressing
Press dough down on a pizza pan or stone or cookie sheet, whatever you have handy to use, layer ingredients in this order: 
  1. Pesto
  2. Broccoli
  3. Goat cheese
  4. Tomatoes
  5. Figs
  6. Goat cheese
  7. Drizzle honey balsamic dressing over pizza
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until you see that the crust has gotten brown and is cooked.




Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment