This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Frozen Blueberries Covered with Honey Greek Yogurt


Saw this online the other day and I specifically bought blueberries yesterday so I could make this for the kids. This is perfect for summer or when you want a sweet healthy snack without the guilt. I told Maxx they were Ice Cream fruit snacks. He bought it! The original recipe says to take a tooth pick and do each berry individually in the yogurt - I put yogurt in a ziplock with the blueberries, shook it and threw it on a cookie sheet and froze it. Looking at my pictures compared to the original, I think next time I will take the time and dip each individual berry to get a really nice coating. Regardless the kids loved them! I wish I had bought another thing of blueberries.

INGREDIENTS:

  • Fresh Blueberries
  • Honey Greek Yogurt
Take a toothpick and dip each berry in the yogurt, place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and freeze.

Easy Peasy! The kids love it! Mom's Happy! Enjoy!










Credits:

1 comment:

  1. See nutritional facts, and prices of frozen blueberries from grocery stores at http://healthygrocery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete