This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baked Haddock



We've been trying to eat fish more often and my husband really wanted me to make a "New England Bake" which, I guess, Is just baked haddock with crackers on top. Of course I wanted to make it as delicious as possible so I tweaked it a little. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound of haddock filets
  • 3 tablespoons butter melted
  • 3 tablespoons white cooking wine
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 lemon
  • 12 buttered crackers crumbled
  • italian seasoning
Slice lemon in half, set aside one half for juice and continue slicing other half into thing slices. Arrange lemon slices in bottom of a baking dish.

Squeeze other half of lemon into a dish, add butter, wine, minced garlic- pour a tiny bit of this mixture over the sliced lemon in the baking dish. Arrange filets over lemon, pour rest of the mixture over the fish. ( I rubbed the filets with the mixture after to make sure that they were well coated)

Sprinkle with crumbled crackers, and italian seasoning.

Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes apart.

This was so amazingly flavorful, I can't even begin to describe how delicious this haddock was. It was better than anything that I've ever got in a restaurant. I highly recommend  making this dish. I literally prepared this, steamed broccoli and made rice all at the same time and everything was done in under a half hour. Enjoy!


Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment