This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Shrimp Scampi In Lemon Butter


Saw this recipe for shrimp baked with lemon and butter on, none else than, Pinterest . Looked quick and easy and I decided to try it and turn it into a shrimp scampi and turn serve it over linguine. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 package of medium 40/51 count, uncooked peel and eat shrimp
  • 1 stick of butter melted but cooled down
  • 3 table spoons minced garlic
  • 1 lemon sliced 
  • 2 table spoons of italian seasoning 
  • 2 table spoons parm cheese 
  • box of linguine pasta
Preheat oven to 350, and in a baking dish arrange lemon slices on the bottom, topped with shrimp, garlic, butter, italian seasoning and parm cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes until shrimp are cooked, pink and translucent. Cook pasta according to directions.

Toss pasta with a little of the butter sauce, top with shrimp and parm cheese- add access sauce to preference. 


                                       

This is my first time ever doing  this dish, and it came out great, the kids even ate it! I made them their own little dish of it since me and my husband don't eat until he gets home from work. 
Since the shrimp is baked it's not that much work at all and you can pretty much prepare and cook the whole meal in 20 minutes, because the shrimp and the pasta take about the same amount of time to cook. 




Credits:
Baked Shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment