This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Chips


Today was Ollie's 1st birthday, and I wanted to do something special for breakfast but with little clean up because our breakfast routine is pretty hectic. Even though I used boxed pancake mix, they came out very flavorful with the convenience  of using one bowl for it all. And adding the peanut butter chips give it just the right amount of sweetness you don't even need syrup. Because lets face it, I will never give a 1 year old or 3 year old anything with syrup on it ever. I'd be cleaning it up for the next 20 years.

INGREDIENTS:
  • Boxed Pancake Mix (usually you need oil, egg and milk for this)
  • 1Ripe banana 
  • Peanut Butter Chips (I had Reese's in the house)
Make the pancake according to directions, I just did the smallest batch 10-12 pancakes. Soften the banana with a fork and blend it into the batter. Preheat Griddle to 375 and spray with cooking spray when heated up. Pour the batter into desired amount of pancakes- and right before you're ready to flip them- place some peanut butter chips on top of the pancakes. Flip- continue cooking and serve.

I know most people don't need directions on how to make boxed pancakes- but this is just a cool thing I do for the kids so they can still have something sweet in the morning, without tons of butter, syrup or chocolate chips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment