This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Southwestern Panini


There was a lot of left over ingredients from the stuffed peppers I made last night. Black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cilantro and onions. So I combined it all and made a nice little southwestern mix to keep in the fridge and use for various things over the next few days. 




INGREDIENTS:
  • sub roll, or favorite kind of bread to make panini's with
  • 2 slices of turkey
  • generous helping of the southwestern mix we have
  • shredded cheese 
If you do not have a panini press, this is essentially just a grilled cheese and you can use a frying pan and place a plate or heavy dish on the sandwich as it cooks and it will press it enough to call it a panini by my standards anyway.                                                                          

                     

This was an easy, flavor filled lunch with very few ingredients. I didn't even need to add mayo, which is usually a staple to most of my lunch meat sandwiches. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment