This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo



This is a really easy, essentially 2 part recipe. Baking the spaghetti squash, and making the sauce. Simple!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
  • 2 Tablespoons flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 Tablespoon cream cheese 
  • 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus 2 Tablespoons extra for topping
  •  salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • Crushed red pepper flakes and fresh parsley, for optional garnish
First place the squash in a baking dish, and CAREFULLY pierce the skin multiple times with a knife.
Bake at 375 for about an Hour and a half until skin is easily pierced all the way through with a fork.
Set aside to cool for 15-20 minutes, and start the sauce.
Melt butter in medium sauce pan over med low heat, once hot add garlic and cool for 1-2 minutes don't burn. Add in flour whisk for a minutes. Add milk, and whisk until there are no lumps. Once hot add cream cheese, stir until smooth remove from heat and add parm cheese, salt and pepper.
Cut cooled spaghetti squash in half, scoop out all seeds. Scoop flesh from squash, toss with Alfredo sauce, top with parsley! voila! 

The sauce was yummy, the squash was yummy... It was a little monochromatic flavor wise. I think I prefer to have a red sauce with the spaghetti squash. I think next time I might try a spicy red sauce  or vodka sauce.


Credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment