This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Maxx wanted green apple sauce



I usually buy my 3 year old, Maxx, a variety of different flavored apple sauce by Mott’s. They have green, which is pear- apple, orange, which is mango - apple, and purple, which is (I think) pomegranate - apple.

This morning he asked specifically for “green apple sauce”. I didn’t buy anything new on my tuesday shopping trip because I had 5 regular apple sauces and 1 mango apple sauce in the cabinet, so I figured we would eat those before I bought anything new.


Of course, I had no green. Brilliant me though made him a big batch of green apple sauce. I ended up using two regular apple sauces, because the dye was to extreme for just one cup. He still ended up with a bit of a green mouth, but thankfully was happy with the result :)






No comments:

Post a Comment