This is really a easy and flavorful vegetarian burger. Just don't add the bacon at the end. It was actually so yummy that if you didn't put the raw egg in it to bind it up, it would be a really great bean dip.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/3 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and a few cracks black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano, crushed between fingers
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- wheat buns
- mild cheddar slices
- sliced avocados
- crispy bacon
Heat a skillet over medium heat and grease lightly. Form mixture into patties and cook 5-6 minutes on each side until crispy on the outside.
Melt cheese over top and prepare burger the way that you would like.
This was really easy to make, and the kind of ingredients that you could always have on hand and make at any time :) enjoy!
Credits: tex mex burger