This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cajun Seasoning



I found this recipe last night to make my own cajun seasoning. Since I was making cajun shrimp and I didn't have any on hand, I was happy to throw my own together so I have it in the future. Store in an airtight container afterwards. I used this on my shrimp last night, and using it on my pulled pork today. Super easy and tasty with a really good kick to it.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tsp paprika 
  • 2 tsp garlic (NEVER garlic salt)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp onion (NEVER onion salt)
  • 1 tsp cayenne (adjust to your taste for heat)
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp thyme


Credits: cajun seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment