This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Teriyaki Turkey Burgers with Pineapple Jalapeño Cream Sauce


Ok, so the picture above does not do this recipe justice at all. This is the yummiest, juiciest burger I've had in a really long time. I have been craving these since I made them a few days ago. I'm seriously thinking about making them again this week. That's how good they were.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
  • 1 TBL  Teriyaki sauce
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • thin sliced cheddar cheese
  • 8 pineapple slices (2 slices chopped for sauce)
  • 3 jalapeño slices chopped
  • 1 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon mayo
  • 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice from can
  • salt
  • pepper
  • buns of your choice
In a bowl mix turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and onion together.

Cook on the grill until browned and cooked through. While cooking the burgers- grill the pineapple slices too. (Toast bun if preferred)

Brush burgers with a little more teriyaki sauce and top with cheese (melt cheese)

To make the sauce:

Mix chopped pineapple, chopped jalapeño, yogurt, pineapple juice, mayo and salt pepper to taste.

Assemble burger with grilled pineapple, and sauce on your bun.

This was amazingly delicious. The water chestnuts really give this burger an awesome texture and crunch. Along with the sweet and spiciness of the sauce, it's the perfect combination. I highly recommend this if you're looking for a different kind of burger you haven't tried before! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment