This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Baked Crab Rangoon Eggrolls



We were going to make crab rangoons last night to go with our dinner, but they didn't have wonton wrappers for some reason at the store- so I got egg roll wrappers instead. These came out just as good, and crispy. Surprisingly they're baked too! The filling recipe is the tried and true one I use any time I make crab rangoon. I'm not going to include what I did for the dipping sauce because my husband thought it came out horrible (I added way to much soy sauce- super super salty).

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 8 OZ package cream cheese, at room temp
  • 1 can (4.5 OZ) crabmeat
  • 2 green onions, sliced thin
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (large clove)
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • wonton or eggroll wrappers


Whip together the sour cream, cream cheese and soy sauce and sugar until smooth.

Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers)

Preheat oven to 400, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray

Fold up your wontons or egg rolls

Lightly brush with olive oil

Bake 10-12 minutes 


These were still delicious besides the sauce fiasco. Next time I'll follow an actual recipe for it instead of winging it. Enjoy!!



credits: crab rangoons


No comments:

Post a Comment