This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps




Made these last night for a lighter dinner. I didn't have any cajun seasoning so I just looked up a quick recipe and made my own! Super easy and summer friendly, since I only had to use the stove for a few minutes to cook the shrimp. I also made that yummy jalapeño pineapple cream sauce again and put that on top. Simple and delicious!

INGREDIENTS:

Season shrimp generously with Cajun seasoning. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Place seasoned shrimp in oil and cook 3-5 minutes until shrimp become pink. Remove tails from shrimp and let come to room temperature.


To assemble place some shrimp, avocado and cream sauce on a leaf of lettuce, squeeze some fresh lime juice on top.







No comments:

Post a Comment