This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits



This is the breakfast I made for my husband on Father's Day. It came out amazing!! He got his with eggs, bacon and potatoes on the side, but just the biscuit with the gravy is plenty on its own.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 lbs. breakfast sausage {the bulk kind in a roll}
  • 1/4 C. butter
  • 1/4 C. flour
  • 5 C. milk
  • pepper, onion powder, garlic salt to taste
  • biscuits {I used the refrigerated kind in a roll}
Brown sausage in an electric skillet or frying pan.  Set sausage aside in a bowl and drain grease.  

In the same skillet, melt butter.  Stir in flour to make a thick paste.  Cook the paste for a few minutes until it turns a golden brown color. 

Gradually whisk in milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens.  

Season with pepper, onion powder, and garlic salt to taste.  {NOTE:  It takes more seasoning than you might expect to keep the gravy from tasting too bland.  Just keep sprinkling and tasting until you like it.}  

Stir browned sausage into the gravy and serve over biscuits.

This makes a lot of gravy! So be prepared to serve this to at least 4-5 people or have left overs! It's an easy and tasty recipe to try. Enjoy!!




Credits:sausage gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment