This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Baked Salmon with Dijon and Garlic



I Made this last night and it literally took me a half hour to make, between prep and cook time. And it was Mighty delicious if I do say so myself. I also made a parmesan orzo with spinach, mushrooms and diced tomatoes. Here is my recipe for the spinach orzo, and I just sautéed some diced tomatoes and mushrooms in with it. It was a lovely combination.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound of salmon filets (I had the skin cut off)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 2 large OR 3 small cloves of garlic, pressed
  • 1.5 teaspoons Dijon mustard (grey poupon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/8 cup mild olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Line a baking dish with foil, add the salmon and preheat the oven to 450 

Combine the parsley, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh lemon juice in a small bowl- and cover the salmon generously with it. ( I added a few lemon slices on top as well )

Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes (mine was closer to 15 minutes)

And that's it! Serve along with your favorite sides, or try my spinach orzo - and this will not disappoint! Enjoy!! :)



Credits: garlic dijon salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment