This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Weaved Bacon For Our BLT's


I saw this awesome idea some time ago on Pinterest. Since I was making BLT's for dinner the other day, I decided it was time to try it out.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 package of your bacon of choice (or 3 pieces of bacon per 'square'
To make these guys sandwich sized, I cut each piece of bacon in half, thus making 3 pieces of bacon into 6 smaller pieces to weave into the square. Using an over/ under technique we've 6 small pieces of bacon into a square.

Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes, or until it has achieved the desire amount of doneness for your taste. Transfer each square to a paper towel covered plate to drain access grease.





I must admit, this was pretty great. The same amount of bacon in every bite, the perfect BLT. Try it out the next time you're going to make one! Cheers!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment