This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sriracha Broccoli and Peanuts


I made a batch of this awesome broccoli last night. It just popped up in my Pinterest and I knew I had to make this along side my lemon pork chops with mushrooms and onions

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 heads of broccoli (increase all ingredients by the amount of broccoli you want to cook)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons sriracha ( decrease or increase to the amount of spice you want)
  • a little salt and pepper
  • 2 cloves of minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts (smash in a baggie)
Throw all of your ingredients into a big gallon ziplock bag, and shake to combine everything.

Preheat oven to 400

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread broccoli evenly throughout.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, turning once half way.


And there you've got it! One of the easiest, most flavorful broccoli recipes I've ever come across. I served this with my Lemon pork chops with mushrooms and onions. Tossed about a 1/2 cup of egg noodles with this and it was the perfect dinner! Cheers!



Adapted from: sriracha broccoli





No comments:

Post a Comment