This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Cheddar Chive Mashed Potatoes


I made this lovely little mashed last week to go with chicken and dumplings. Super easy, and its pretty much my go to mashed potato recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4-5 large red potatoes (washed)
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 milk
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup sliced chives
Cut the potatoes into quarters and put into a pot. Cover the potatoes with water and put a lid on the pot. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and drain potatoes. Return the potatoes to the pot, add in butter and milk. With a masher or a fork mix the potatoes, milk and butter until its to the consistency you would like. Add in cheese and chives and salt and pepper to taste and mix to combine. You can add in more milk and or butter to make it creamier. This kind of thing you should adjust until its exactly how you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment