This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spinach, Artichoke and Mushroom Casserole


My second Meatless Monday meal! Last week I did zucchini and quinoa stuffed peppers, and they were awesome! This meal was really good. However, I think I've discovered that I don't really care for artichokes that much. Maybe because they were marinated and were really briny. Next time I make this I think I will omit the artichokes for something like broccoli or zucchini instead.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 package sliced mushrooms (I used 16 oz)
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 4 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 6 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 1 jar (24 oz) marinated artichokes
  • 1 tub (medium sized) artichoke and parmesan dip
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan 
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme and oregano for about 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushroom begin to turn golden. 

Stir in spinach and cook for about 3 minutes until wilted. Add artichokes and artichoke dip and cook stirring for about 2 minutes or until heated through. 

Pour into shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in 400°F oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.

We served ours over brown rices, but this would be awesome if it was thinned out a little into a sauce then served over pasta. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment