This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs



I made a few of these the other night for the kids. All they wanted were regular hot dogs with ketchup, so they weren't received as well as I had hoped. Better for adults, I ended up eating half of one, and it was fricken awesome. Next time, I will probably bake them in the oven, for a more even doneness with the bacon. Frying them on the stove didn't work to well. I used a grated grill pan instead of a regular skillet. So I'm led to believe a flat surface for frying would have had a more even cook on the bacon. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • Hot Dogs
  • String cheese (cut in half)
  • Bacon
  • Tooth picks
Cut a slit along the top of the hot dogs.


Stuff with 1/2 of string cheese.


Wrap in bacon, try to completely cover the hole with the cheese so it doesn't burn or melt out, and tooth pick bacon in place.


Either cook on stove top, or bake at 350 in oven, until the bacon is completely cooked.



Pretty easy, I'm glad I finally tried doing this. It was something I've been wanting to try for a while now. I would save this for the adults though, the kids were kind of disappointed when I gave them these instead of a plain hot dog. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment