This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Low and Slow Oven Baked Pork Ribs


Warning, this recipe takes like 4 hours. So if you're looking for a quick dinner tonight- this isn't it. Also, when I was searching for recipes a lot of them were for the slow cooker- and since the ribs I got were bone in, I didn't want to do that. I hate bones in the slow cooker, they get all broken and shard- its just not for me. Even though this takes about 4 hours- most of that time they're in the oven and you don't touch them. So here we go.

INGREDIENTS:

  • bone in country style pork ribs (I did 2 packages so it was about 10 ribs)
  • salt, pepper and seasonings of choice ( I used cajun seasoning)
  • BBQ sauce of choice (I used sweet baby rays vidalia onion)
Preheat oven to 225. Spray a baking dish (I used 9x13) with cooking spray. Season your ribs with salt, pepper and whatever your seasoning of choice is. Place the ribs meat side DOWN in the baking dish, season the other side of the ribs too. 


Cover with tinfoil. Bake at 225 for 3 1/3 hours. Remove from oven, carefully flip the ribs over so they are meat side UP.


Brush on a generous amount of BBQ sauce, cover again and return to oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven again, take foil off, BBQ sauce them again and stick them under the broiler for about 5 minutes. 


There you have it! I've never really cooked ribs before, but this was a combination of like 3 different recipes that I read. And they came out phenomenal. This is going to be the way I do them from now on. Maybe next time I'll try to do some baby back ribs though too. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment