This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Pesto Ranch Pasta Bake with Asparagus


This was last weeks freakin yummy and simple Meatless Monday dinner. Only a few  ingredients and you're on the way to veggie dinner heaven.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 8 oz  (half box) pasta of your choice - I used cavatappi pasta
  • 1/3 cup ranch dressing (I used buttermilk ranch)
  • 1/4 cup pesto
  • 14oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1/2 cup shredded parm cheese
  • 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
  • olive oil 
  • minced garlic
  • salt and pepper
Boil some water, and cook pasta a little under done. Drain and set aside.

Trim the ends off of the asparagus spears and cut into thirds. Place in sauté pan with some olive oil and a little minced garlic- cover and cook for 3-5 minutes over medium heat, until they are tender. Add in the drained pasta, diced tomatoes, ranch, pesto and the mozzarella cheese- stir well to combine. Add in salt and pepper to taste if needed. Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle with parm cheese- bake at 350 for 15 minutes. 

Yum yum yum. I'm getting seriously hungry thinking about this. It was so good in fact I'm making this again next Monday- maybe with different veggies though to mix it up. If you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner, try this one out. It will not disappoint. The leftovers were actually awesome the next day too! Cheers!

Cheesy creamy pesto ranch pasta
Pasta bake with strawberry feta salad














No comments:

Post a Comment