This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Pork and Peach Rolls with Stuffing


My grandmother used to make pork chops with peaches and stuffing bake years ago, and I always thought it was such a great combination. I had given that recipe to my friend Stephanie, probably 10 years ago and recently she just reminded me of it. So I did this updated version of it, and it was pretty damn good. I think next time I might dip the pork rolls in a little bread crumbs, but besides that it was great. 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 box of stove top pork stuffing
  • 6 thin sliced pork chops
  • 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
  • 1 can peach slices
  • 1/4 cup peach preserves
Make the stuffing according to the directions, but replace 1/4 cup of water with 1/4 cup of peach preserves.

Pound the pork chops out into a big enough surface area to stuff and roll them up.

On each piece of pork place about 3 tablespoons of stuffing, then 1-2 slices of peach, then little mozzarella. Roll, tuck the filling inside and toothpick to hold in place. 


Arrange the remanding stuffing at the bottom of a greased baking dish. Then arrange pork rolls on top- with the remainder of the peach slices. Place a little bit of peach preserves on the top of each pork roll. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 325 for about 40 minutes. Until the pork is cooked through.










We ate our pork and stuffing with broccoli on the side. I just love anything that is sweet and savory together. And that little bit of melted mozzarella in the middle was amazing. I think my grandmother would have liked this version. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment