This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Cashew Chicken

                                             

Huge fan of slow cooker meals over here. Set and and forget it! I found this recipe and as it cooked I had to tweak the seasonings a bit. It came out pretty good, I would try it without the potatoes next time, or maybe swap out for sweet potato.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 red pepper diced
  • 1/2 green pepper diced
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 2 potatoes peeled and chopped 
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons red curry paste
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon garam masala
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 can coconut milk.
  • cilantro, cashews, pineapple chunks (for garnish)
  • jasmine rice (for serving)
Place chicken, peppers, onions and potatoes in crock pot.

In a bowl combine the chicken broth, curry paste, curry powder, garam masala, cumin and salt/ pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings if needed. Pour over chicken and veggies in crock pot.

Cook on low for 5 hours. 

Stir in coconut milk.

In a measuring cup combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup of cold water. Whisk to combine. 

Add cornstarch slurry into crock pot, and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until sauce has thickened. 

Season if needed.

Serve over jasmine rice, garnish with cilantro, cashews, and pineapple chunks.


Great new recipe to try! Another solid slow cooker recipe to add to my Fall rotation. Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment