This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Crispy Sweet Potato Wedges with Chipotle Mayo


Made these as a side to go with some yummy steak and cheese subs I threw together last week. They were great! Went really well with the subs. The perfect sweet and savory combination. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning 
Preheat the oven to 450.

Place sweet potato wedges in a bowl.

Season with olive oil, and seasonings. Make sure each wedge is coated well.

Prepare a baking sheet, Line it with tinfoil then place baking rack over.

Arrange wedges on the baking rack.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Turn broiler on and broil 3-5 minutes, until crispy.

To make chipotle mayo: take 1/2 cup mayo and combine with 1-2 tablespoons of chipotle in adobo sauce (depending how spicy you want it. 


Crispy sweet potato wedges with steak and horseradish cheddar cheese subs. So GOOD. Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment