This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Portobellos over Garlic Texas Toast


This weeks Meatless Monday! I'm always looking for different veggie recipes for Mondays- I came across this one and I just had to try it. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 5 large portobello mushrooms
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • salt and peppper
  • garlic powder
  • 1 large bag baby spinach
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup parm cheese
  • 5 slices of garlic texas toast ( I use frozen Pepperage Farms)
Remove the stems from the mushrooms, wash, dice and set aside.

Wipe down mushrooms, be sure to remove excess dirt.

Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and brush all of the mushrooms until they are completely coated. Sprinkle mushrooms with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

In a skillet, melt the remaining butter and add in the diced onions and mushroom stems. Salt and pepper to taste.


Saute about 2 minutes then add in the baby spinach a little at a time until it is all added and softened. This can take a few minutes but it'll happen. 

Stir the wilted spinach with the onions garlic and butter until completely coated. Remove from heat.

Stir in the sour cream.

Place the mushrooms in a skillet on the stove top over medium high heat.

Fill the mushrooms evenly with spinach mixture.

Top with parm cheese.


Cook about 10-15 minutes until the mushrooms have begun to release their moisture.

Stick under broiler for 2 minutes to melt cheese.

Make Texas toast according to directions.

Serve each stuffed mushroom over a piece of Texas toast. 


Usually Mike is really hesitant about Meatless Monday. Really about portobellos in general. He doesn't like them very much. This recipe however, he loved! So we have the approval of the portobello hater. This recipe is a keeper. Cheers!









  Adapted from:

No comments:

Post a Comment