This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Stuffed and Baked Chicken Tacos

                                             

-1/2 pound cooked shredded chicken 
- Taco seasoning packet
- 1/2 diced onion  

- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes drained 
- 4 oz canned diced chilis
- 16 oz can refried beans 
- 10 stand and stuff taco shells 
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- your choice of toppings 




Heat olive oil in skillet, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes.

Add cooked chicken, diced tomatoes, chilis and seasoning packet, combine and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.


Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and line up taco shells. 
Add a teaspoon of refried beans to the bottom of each shell.

Full each taco to the top with chicken mixture.


Top with cheese and bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and shells are browned. 



Serve with your favorite toppings!

                                                         








No comments:

Post a Comment