This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Mushroom and Spinach Tortellini



- 1 package frozen tortellini
- 1 1/2 cup baby Bella mushrooms 
- 1/2 cup diced onion 
- 1 cup baby spinach 
- 1/2 cup diced tomato 
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup anisette 
- 1/3 cup veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil to taste 
- fresh parm cheese 


In a skillet over medium high heat melt butter

Add onions and mushrooms a little salt/ pepper and basil, sauté until soft about 5 minutes


Toss tortellini into boiling water and boil about 3 minutes then drain 

Add anisette to mushrooms and onions, cook 3 minutes 


Add veggie stock and bring to simmer

Toss partially cooked tortellini into sauce 

Add spinach, tomato, parm, salt and pepper


Cover and simmer 3-4 minutes until spinach is wilted and tortellini is cooked

Stir- salt and pepper to taste

Serve with more parm if desired


No comments:

Post a Comment