This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Spaghetti and Meatbowls



Meatbowls:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning to taste



Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.

Spray a muffin tin with non stick spray. 

Form meat into "bowls" in muffin tin. 

Bake at 350 for about 25- 30 minutes until edges start getting brown and crispy.

Remove meatbowls from tin and place upside down on a paper towel lined plate to drain the grease. Blot with paper towels on the inside if necessary. 



Cook spaghetti, drain and add your favorite sauce. Toss to coat pasta. 

Take a fork full of spaghetti, twirl and place on top of each meatbowl.


Top with more sauce and cheese if desired!

This is a fun meal to make with the kiddos. They really loved the idea of "meatbowls".
 Of course they're on the small side, so it might not be a bad idea to make a bigger batch
 of meatballs for the adults. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment