This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Caprese Salad

                                             

One of our favorite apps to put out when we're having a "picky day". Thats when we make a bunch of pickles, antipasto platters, bread and what not instead of our main meal for the day. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • One large log of fresh mozzarella sliced
  • 2 large firm tomatoes sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
  • balsamic vinegar
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
On a large plate or platter arrange the tomato, basil
 and mozzarella so they are all overlapping each other.

Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic on top.

Salt and pepper to taste. 

Serve and enjoy!

You know a recipe is going to be fresh and delicious when it has very few ingredients. This is one of our go to dishes. Serve with a fresh baguette and it could seriously be a meal in itself. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment