This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Bundt Pan Stuffing

                                              

Since I was only cooking for 6 this Thanksgiving, I was extremely excited to do quality over quantity with my menu. I came across this recipe on Pinterest- and I so pumped to try this. I was a bit intimidated at first, but everything came together nicely. This was one of the most flavorful and moist stuffings I've ever had. The flavors of the fresh herbs really made this stuffing shine.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 loaf of day old french bread, cubed (I used a long french baguette) 
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 large onion, finely diced
  • 3 stalks of celery, finely diced
  • 10 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
  • 2/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
  • 4 eggs beaten
  • 2-3 cups chicken broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking spray 

                                                     Preheat oven to 250.

               Spread your cubed bread on 2 baking trays and bake for about 30 minutes,
                          stirring half way through until firm. Don't over bake them. 

                                 Remove bread from oven, increase temp to 400.

                                In a large skillet heat butter over medium high heat. 

                      Stir in onions and celery sauté until softened about 3-5 minutes.

              Add in sage, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix to combine herbs and veggies. 

                                                         Remove from heat. 

                             In a medium bowl combine chicken broth and eggs.

                 In a large bowl combine bread cubes, sautéed veggies and egg mixture.

                           Gently mix until well combined (I used a rubber spatula).

                                      Add more chicken broth if it seems to dry.

                                                 Spray pan with cooking spray.

                           Add in the stuffing mixture, spreading evenly around pan.

Press stuffing down with fingers to pack it down into pan. 


Bake 30-40 minutes, until edges start to get firm. 

Let cool 25 minutes in pan.


Then with a long thin spatula loosen edges, 
and carefully flip stuffing over onto a serving platter.


Look at that! That really is just beautiful to look at. I was rather impressed with myself. I think I was mainly afraid of sticking in the pan, but the stuffing came right out. Don't forget the cooking spray! Delicious scratch made stuffing recipe. This will be a regular fixture in my holiday menus from now on. Cheers!

                                                                          Adapted from:
                                                                   Stuffing in a bundt pan


No comments:

Post a Comment