This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chicken Cordon Blu pt. Deux


Last month I made Chicken Cordon Blu Rolls. Fabulous! With an amazing Creamed Spinach with Mushrooms. I tried a slightly different method a few weeks ago, and it came out pretty good. I'm on the fence as to which way I like best, they were equally delicious.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 Package of thinly sliced chicken breasts (about 5)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 pound of deli ham
  • 1/4 pound swiss cheese
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
In a baking dish lay out the chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper. 


Divide the ham evenly between the tops of all the chicken. 


Top each chicken and ham with swiss cheese. 


In a small bowl combine the melted butter and bread crumbs. Sprinkle bread crumbs over each chicken. 


Bake at 350 for about a half hour, until chicken is cooked through. 


Like the last time, we had our chicken cordon blu's with the creamed spinach and mushrooms. Try out both recipes and see which one you like the best! Cheers!

Adapted from: Easy Chicken Cordon Blu


No comments:

Post a Comment