This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Bake


Warning! This is highly addictive. I suggest doubling the amount that I made. Serve for dinner, or an appetizer... this recipe will make everyone happy. I promise!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 pound un cooked chicken, cubed ( I used boneless skinless chicken thighs)
  • 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce (Tabasco, Buffalo Marinade, franks red hot- whatever is your favorite)
  • 4-6 medium potatoes, washed and cubed
  • 1/4 cup veggie oil
  • 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbled
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onion
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
In a medium bowl combine the cubed potatoes, veggie oil, pepper, salt and paprika. Scoop into a 9x13 baking dish.


Bake at 475- stirring every 15 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and browned- about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, and drop temp down to 400.


While the potatoes are cooking, add the cubed chicken into the same bowl the potatoes were in, with the oil and seasonings. Add the buffalo sauce- and let marinate while the potatoes cook.


Once the potatoes are out of the oven and cooked, spoon the raw chicken evenly over the potatoes. Do not just dump the chicken with all the sauce over the potatoes, it will be way to wet.

Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

Remove from oven, stir in the blue cheese, and blue cheese dressing. Add the bacon, green onions and cheese to the top- then bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.


This is a little labor intensive, and takes a bit to finish- but it is completely worth it. Obviously not the healthiest thing in the world- but we ate ours with a salad... so that makes it a little better right? Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment