This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger Pie


You know I'm always up for trying something new (and potentially something the kids will love ) in my kitchen. So when I came across this recipe I knew I had to do it. It was actually easier than it seems. The filling of the pie is very similar to what I did in my bacon cheeseburger wraps. The kids each ate 2 servings (covered in ketchup, of course), and loved that it was a "pie". 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
  • 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 pickles diced
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 uncooked pie crust
In a skillet cook the beef and onions together, until cooked through. Drain grease off. Add in the panko, mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, pepper, pickles and crumbled bacon. Mix to combine.

Put the pie crust in the bottom of a pie pan, and fill with beef mixture.

In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk- pour over the beef mixture in the pie.

Sprinkle cheese over the top of the pie, and crimp the access pie crust in.

Cover the edge of the pie crust with tin foil, to prevent burning.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, then remove the foil, then bake an additional 15 minutes.

Sprinkle with more diced pickles for garnish if you want.

We had our delicious cheeseburger pie with some potato salad, and corn on the cob. It was on the smaller side and fed us 4 just fine, but if you're cooking for more- or want leftovers I suggest doubling the filling recipe to make a bigger pie, or make 2 pies, since 2 crusts come in a package. Cheers!


Adapted from: Bacon Cheeseburger Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment