This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Easy Garlic Knots


Made Penne alla Vodka two nights ago- and it just seemed fitting to have some sort of yummy garlic bread with it. I had this simple recipe from a while back that I decided to give a try.

INGREDIENTS:

  • Grands mini buttermilk biscuits (in the can)
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • salt
  • pepper
  • garlic powder
  • italian seasoning
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine the melted butter and seasonings to taste.

Take each individual biscuit and roll out into a rope long enough to tie in a knot. Knot all of the biscuits and place on a baking sheet.

Brush each knot with half of the butter and seasoning.


Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.

Remove from oven and brush each knot with the remainder of the butter and seasoning mixture. Serve warm. 

These were seriously amazing, and so friggen simple to make. The original recipe calls for some parm cheese in the butter mixture, but I totally forgot to throw that in. Next time I will add it, but they were still great regardless. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment