This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Mushroom and Spinach Alfredo Lasagna Rolls



This is an adaptation of these Spinach Lasagna Rolls I made a few months ago. These lasagna rolls have become almost a constant in our dinner rotations. I love doing them for #meatlessmonday, and I've been loving doing them with alfredo sauce. So this is my latest reinvention of the recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 9 lasagna noodles
  • 1 small container ricotta 
  • 1 egg
  • 2 - 3 cups shredded mozzarella
  • 6 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
  • 6 oz fresh mushrooms (washed and patted dry)
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • salt and pepper 
  • 1 jar of alfredo sauce (I like Newman's Own)


 Bring lasagna noodles to a boil, 
and boil just until softened and pliable. About 6 minutes.


While your noodles are cooking, prepare the ricotta mixture. 
In a bowl combine the ricotta, egg, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons 
shredded mozzarella. Stir to combine.


Set aside a small bowl with about a cup of shredded cheese. 


In a small sautee pan melt butter over medium high heat. Add in mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté about 5 minutes. Add in spinach, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.


You now have everything prepared and you can start with the assembly. 
Place about 1/2 cup of alfredo sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.

Lay 3 lasagna noodles out at a time on your work surface. Layer on some ricotta.


Then a little of the spinach and mushroom mixture.


Sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top, then roll each noodle up- the fun part!



Spoon remaining alfredo sauce on the tops of all the rolls. 
Top with shredded cheese. The more the better.


Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes. Broil 1-2 minutes to get a nice golden 
crust on the cheese!


Served with croustinis and salad. Perfecto!



I really enjoy making and eating lasagna rolls. I think there are a few reasons that make the way I do this very appealing. #1- It makes perfect portions. #2- You can usually do this 2 times with 1 box of lasagna noodles. #3- Its fun to lay out and actually make with your hands. #4- The portions that are leftover are great to reheat the next day for lunches! That concludes my lasagna roll campaign - Cheers!












No comments:

Post a Comment