This mom loves to cook

My photo
Hello! I'm Deirdre and I'm a stay at home mom to two boys. Cooking for a 6 and 4 year old- day in and day out can be the best job in the world, also the most frustrating. Trying to create not only kid friendly but husband and mom friendly meals is a challenge that I've readily accepted! My Foodie Mom blog is a record of the different recipes that I've tried in the kitchen, pictures of my ventures, and cool tricks I've picked up along the way. Cheers!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Chicken and Broccoli Teriyaki Lo Mien


I made this a few days ago, and it was literally just a "throw together meal"- but it was so friggen good! I plan on trying this again with tofu instead of chicken to make a meatless monday meal soon. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Knorr Teriyaki Lo Mein sides packages ( I get these for $1 each at my local store)
  • 3 cups broccoli 
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
  • 1/4- 1/2 cup your choice of teriyaki sauce (depends how saucy you like it)

Make the teriyaki noodles according to directions. While those are cooking, throw your butter into a large skillet. Melt over medium high heat then throw the broccoli in there to steam. Stir occasionally you may have to add a little more butter or liquid to help it. 

Once broccoli is steamed and is a bright green, add in the chicken and 
cooked noodles. Stir in teriyaki sauce as needed. 


The kids went crazy for this, and I've been experimenting with variations since I originally made this bowl of goodness. So more Lo Mien blog posts sure to follow. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment